Attorney Horrigan has over 30 years of active, in-depth litigation experience. During that time, he has defended business policyholders against personal injury and workers’ compensation claims as well as specializing in the defense of construction site injuries. Although his practice is now focused on representing plaintiffs, his experience in insurance litigation has proven to be invaluable for effectively evaluating and resolving claims with insurers.
Mark has tried a wide array of cases to a jury verdict such as, accidental falls, construction site accidents, auto accidents, medical malpractice, negligent security, product liability, murder, armed robbery, and drunk driving. In terms of the extent of his experience, the number of cases Mark has tried to a jury verdict places him approximately in the top 3% of practicing Massachusetts lawyers.
Attorney Horrigan has also had very substantial workers’ compensation litigation experience running the full gamut from permanent and total disability, death, toxic exposure and heart attack claims. He has continued to review and evaluate potential medical malpractice cases in collaboration with an associate attorney outside the practice who has over 30 years of solid malpractice experience.
In addition to Attorney Horrigan’s usual areas of practice, his office is also able to handle immigration matters on a collaborative basis with his wife and associate, Attorney Nancy B. Horrigan, an seasoned immigration lawyer.
- $925,000 settlement in 2006 of Big Dig Construction Site Accident
- $675,000 jury verdict in construction site personal injury case in October, 1998 subsequently settled for $725,000
- Won four permanent and total disability judgments on behalf of claimants at DIA
- First degree murder case tried to a conviction on 10/10/96 and subsequently vacated by agreement with the entry of a not guilty finding
- Conducted many direct and cross examinations of physicians
- Approximately 75 jury trials to a verdict and over 75 bench trials to a judgment
- $450,000 jury verdict in Plymouth County in defamation case on behalf of former Massachusetts Highway Department employee against road construction contractor subsequently settled for $ 540,000
- Defense verdicts in approximately 85% of insurance defense trials
- $150,000 defamation jury verdict against a university in 1984
U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 1983
U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 1983
New England School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
J.D – 1982
Suffolk University, Boston, Massachusetts
MPA – 1979
Past Employment History
Wausau Ins. Co., Law Office of William F. Caples, Staff trial counsel, 1984 – 1995
Areas of Practice
- Motor vehicle accidents 50% 50%
- Workers’ compensation 15% 15%
- Social security disability 15% 15%
- Construction site accidents 10% 10%
- Misc litigation + transactional divorce, criminal, etc. 10% 10%
Percentage of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Litigation 95% 95%